Will my mom have to move if her naighbor puts a restraining order on her?

My mom is 55...her and her naighbor have had issues for years. There both very childish...or bored. My mom will see him out her window about 20 feet away gettin his mail and will oink like a pig at him(hes fat)...he will go out an call her a monkey and dance around like one(shes adrican American,hes hispanic)...about 2 weeks ago my mom was walking and passed him.He called her a monkey and she stopped an backtracked and told him to say it to her face. Now today she checked the mail and their is a hand written note stating a restraining order was ordered and the date,time and location. Will she have to move?She has lived here for 10+years and she currently does not have income as of a month ago,i moved with her to help her with her bills and to do things for her seeing as she has medical issues...what will the outcome of this be???

Thank you

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

A hand written note? LOL. That's a bluff. A restraining order comes from a court and there is no way any court would issue one.

• 2 years ago

Ignore hand written note, and no, she will not. Maybe she needs to just stop the BS and stop acting like a 5 year old.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Sounds like they like each other and don't know what to do. Why don't you bake a cake and invite him over to visit. The 3 of you sit around the kitchen table and laugh at how bad the other one is. The right oink can be a turn on. It can say a lot.

• 2 years ago

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that a restraining order would even CLAIM to require her to move. If she was accused of anything serious enough to issue such an order, her new address would be behind bars.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Any judge who does not take that into consideration and issues such an order should not only be removed from office, he should be disbarred.

• 2 years ago

No, but she will have to stop making animal noises or harassing him in any way.

Maybe you could get her involved in something at the senior center or at her church.

It does sound like they both need something better to do.

If she doesn't start acting more mature, she's going to find herself in front of a judge, and the results won't be pretty.

• No

Restraining orders can't make someone move. You can get a restraining order without any proof at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.