Recruiting manager says decision yesterday/today but no call or email as of yet.?

I went through a phone interview with the recruiting manager, then the operations manager a week later. I finally got my in person interview on the 26th of June. He mentioned to me a decision the week of July 4th and, got the office tour and even talked about compensation, and meeting another team member which is good I think

A couple days later I received an email from the recruiter indicating I am definitely in the running but a decision now by July 9th.

On July 5th, the operation manager replied back to my thank you in person email asking for references. I listed him 4 very good references however a few of them told me they did not get a call.

Fast forward to July 11th, the recruiter apologized for the delay but a decision either yesterday or today. She asked if I had any other offers in the table. I replied back saying I had a couple in person interview but no offer at the moment. I expressed my interest in the company and position.

Now I haven't gotten a call or email yet from the recruiter or manager. Is this position a lost cause now? Should I email them Friday for an update or leave it alone until I get that call/email

3 Answers

  • Kim R
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I would email tomorrow after 3pm.

  • danxp2
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

    It is not a lost cause, you can tell by how much deadlines keep getting pushed back that not hearing means nothing. Yes send an e-mail enquiring what the new timeline is now since the old deadline has past.

  • 2 years ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.