19 years old concerned about possible diabetes?

I am a 19 year old female, weighing about 102 pounds and 5 5. I have been experiencing symptoms related to diabetes lately such as a dry mouth which could be linked to anxiety but I don t feel anxious and it s been annoying (it s also been super hot outside and dry weather) I don t get s lot of exercise besides running around at work. I don t eat too terribly and I also don t overeat I am very slim. But lately I have been feeling my stomach growl and hungry even after eating a meal. My vision has become more blurry than usual. No diabetes in my family. I had blood work done in February and doctor didn t seem concerned even though it said my glucose was a bit high he said it was normal. Do you think this could all be linked to my anxiety or should I really get this checked out

• Shay

You are not diabetic right now. Therefore, your symptoms are not being caused by diabetes. Almost every "symptom" of diabetes can happen for other reasons.

Guess what else can cause dry mouth - hot weather. The body becomes mildly dehydrated due to the hot weather and dry mouth is one of the early signs of mild dehydration.

Vision Problems - you might just need glasses. Blurry vision is sometimes just a common change in eye sight and not a sign of diabetes.

Sometimes hungry is just hungry. Hot weather can make the body work a little harder and might mean you need a few more calories - which would cause hunger.

You also failed to mention the two biggest symptoms of actually being diabetic. Increased urination and thirst.

If I read this right, a DOCTOR already checked you out. If you feel that Doctor was incorrect, you have every right to go to another doctor and have your blood tested again. This time tell the Doctor your fears and ask him to test more deeply for diabetes and markers for diabetes.

• drip

Quit diagnosing yourself.

Go get an eye exam

Up your water intake.

If you are obsessing about it, see your doctor again.