Will cigarettes and vape affect someone by being around someone who does even though I don t.?

Most of the time, I try to minimize my exposure to cigarettes and vape however I am friends with someone who vapes and it does it in his truck whenever I m with him just to hang out. I m wondering will this affect my lungs. We don t hang out everyday. We hang out occasionally like once every two weeks. Thanks for an honest answer and it would be best if you had knowledge in pulmonary and the medical field. Thanks in advance.

He* does vape in his truck.

*= correction

Also in the headline question: "don't" Sorry about the typos. I'm in a hurry.

• not
    Favorite Answer

Vape is a propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin base with food flavorings, and may or may not contain nicotine. The most common effects of these food products are obesity and diabetes. Yes you eat this stuff regularly. Nicotine is addictive. The last study result I read was absent of any political or financial motivation and said: side effects are dry mouth, dizziness, cough, dry skin, itchiness, dry eyes, Insomnia, Nosebleeds, Bleeding gums. Doctors don't have more and "need more data".

Cigatettes: The longest most detailed secondhand smoke study proved they can't prove anything. No smoke is good for you obviously.

Emissions from cars and other machines should have your concern. Studies are finding the NOx in cities to be beyond healthy limits for example. Things directly effecting your life: The water you drink. The chemicals you eat instead of food. The medicines you eat (including in your food). Take a look around you, being near a vape once every two weeks is a non issue.

I wouldn't have thought so. Last Christmas a group of us from high school went to the village open air carol service. During the service some kids smoked and some vaped. I was one of the ones not doing either and even while singing the carols I was not affected.