Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelVietnamHanoi · 2 years ago

Decorating and remodeling-What are the most luxurious features of expensive homes?

I think it's location and views. I just spent some time in a million+ dollar homes, and the views were not good, and many of the amenities like white farm sink, grouted tile all over, difficult to use faucets were not impressive to me. Some of the rooms seemed cold (too much empty space), too many cabinets. Am I wrong to like amenities that are sleek and easy to clean? I even like carpet in certain areas as long as it's the right color and grade. What really makes a home worth twice the price of a home that I would find more desirable? Experience in building or selling homes?

I'm a realtor and have seen many. Some do have great locations and nice views from at least some of the windows. Privacy is also a seller. Somewhere to sit outside out of the neighbor's view in a great neighborhood. Money doesn't equal style and taste-believe me. Some have awful looking furnishings, not a great layout to the place, - but that's my opinion.

It is more like what the owner wants to have. An All-Star NBA point guard would likely opt for a gym and an indoor basketball half-court.

And frankly, it is really a waste of time thinking about this because not very many will live in one.

I live quite close to one of the most expensive streets in the world. So address is important (and there is no doubt it has the views). The actual properties are nearly all terrible taste and just look like people with more money than sense have gone overboard, taste no object.

As for kitchens, nobody in that price bracket 'makes do' with a developer's kitchen, so it gets ripped out and thrown in the skip (or resold by a canny builder) - fast forward to when the oligarch gets into trouble, the house gets done over and the kitchen replaced and the whole sorry saga starts again.