Am I being selfish?

myself and my partner are currently renting a house, I’ve spoken to her about buying our own Property but she doesn’t seem like she’s not wanting to put money away for a deposit. I’ve told her that I will start doing overtime over the weekend at work Sat - Sun 8am - 2pm to put an extra £500 away along with £300 we are currently putting away. However she is constantly having a go at me that I’m being controlling, I’m selfish for working all the time and that I’m boating because I don’t want to do anything apart from save.

Am I being selfish by thinking about our future, I don’t want to be renting a house for my entire life. We currently pay £400 a month on rent, that could go into a mortgage.

Maybe she is not sure this is going to turn into a long-term arrangement. I'll bet she would buy a house with you if you married her.

Yes, it's smart to save up and buy your own property. But that doesn't mean she should have to live a lonely, unhappy life while you do it. Balance- that's the important thing. Budget enough for an evening out every week, and take a little longer to save up-- or you're likely to lose her to someone who has more time for her. You'll find a house of your own to be a very cold and lonely place without someone to share it with.

Tell the female dog to pound sand and join the MUSTANG COMMUNITY. Relying on a woman is bad beans.