Are these people really my friends?

There is this group of guys I have known since college. Anyway, they all came out to my place to party because I work hard

and saved up a few bucks and bought a big place and a boat on the lake. It seemed to make the most sense for them to all come to my place.

Only about half of them brought food or beer or booze, but hey it is my party so no problem. Besides, a couple of them have had hard times. It is just good to see them all and relive the old times. So we got sun burned and drank too much and had a pretty good weekend.

I had to go to work on Monday, but most of the guys decided to stay on for a bit. I gave them the keys to the boat and told them I would see them in later.

About 2:00 I got a text asking if I could pick up some more beer on my way home. We were running low. Cool. It's all good.

About 3:00 I got a text. They decided to have steaks for dinner. Could I stop by and get them?

About 4:00 I got a call from the bait shop asking if it was ok for them to charge gas and some beers to my account...Sure....

So, at what point are they taking advantage of me? How broke do I need to be before it is ok to say, time for you guys to pony up or the party is over?

Hillstone - No, politics is the correct section.

But, if I don't let them take advantage of me, they may quit being my friends.

Besides, a couple of them promised to pick up beer yesterday. They really intended to do it, but one lost his bank card and the other just kinda forgot.

This morning one guy was telling me how stupid I am for going to work. He said I need to enjoy life more.

Pat Wooden - Thanks for the advice. It sounds like I need to be like Trump at Nato, and not like his predecessors.

Favorite Answer

The party was over when you had to go to work Monday and left them alone at your house. Unfortunately, you did not put your foot down when they kept asking you to bring them supplies and especially when they charged things to your account. You've been a pushover, and that's got to stop before something really bad happens. Grow a pair and lay down the law for any future parties.

LOL who wouldn't be your "friend"???

Wrong section. But next time be clear on party hours and don't let drunk people stay at your house or use your boat if you are not there

• Will

Lame story bro.

• Roosh

Should have done before you left for work