Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

Aggresive Dog!?

I have a dog I recently have adopted from the rescue center. Since I have adopted him he barks quite a lot, doesn't leave us alone when we eat, very energetic and barks around dogs, and very aggresive! Today I was talking him put for a walk, and when we got back inside I was trying to take off his leash when he snaps, tries to bite me, takes a pillow and then starts eating it! He agressively growls if I even try to get close to him. I have raised him right, if I weren't afraid he'd snap my hand off I would slap some discipline into him and take the pillow away. I am considering giving him away. What should I do??? Help?

Either the "rescue" was utterly incompetent for adopting an aggressive dog out or you're just a liar.

• Sandra

It sounds like he's playing to me... You can test by doing some bouncy movements, but not toward him, and if he starts running around he's playing. Or get a video next time and we'll tell you if he's playing or not.

"Aggresive Dog!?" What about it? As you failed to ask a question.

Your responsibility to correct/train your dog each time when caught in the act, and not allow it to continue, not the dog's responsibility.

Stop slapping him, that will teach him nothing except to become a fear biter, which is even harder to control than general aggressiveness. "I have raised him right", obviously you haven't otherwise you wouldn't be having this issue.

Please do give him to someone who maybe able to do the correct training and Really Cares as obviously you do not, and don't get anymore pets, period.

He needs regular exercise and boundaries.

You have to take him on long walk or run until he gets tired and then limit his boundaries and he will become calm dog

• Eva

You say you've only gotten him recently. It's difficult to know a rescue dog's history. The aggression needs to be dealt with immediately, but hitting isn't the solution and would probably make things worse. Either enlist the aid of a trainer or get some Cesar Milan books and/or videos to teach you how to properly train this dog.

The place you got him from should not have had an aggressive dog up for adoption. They could get into a lot of trouble by doing so. If you are afraid of this dog, by all means take him back. If you like the dog, all that bad behavior can be trained out of him. But if you don't have the knowledge of how to do it, you are up the s hit creek with out a paddle.

If you dog were a female, I would want her. As a Canine Behaviorist I have found it easier to tame an aggressive dog than it is to build confidence in an submissive dog. I want the strong temperament cause I can build in controls as the training process progresses. Can you tell if the dog is biting out of fear or if it is pure aggression?

• ?

You “recently adopted” him and you “raised him right”?

This sounds like a troll...

you recently adopted him so you didn`t raise him right. He needs way more exercise and

a job or train him to do tricks. Use food to motivate him after you let him run for an hour or so.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit.

2 reasons why: "I recently adopted him from a rescue center" and "I raised him right." No rescue center would have allowed this dog to be adopted out if you're telling us he's this aggressive, therefore you're full of it.