Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Christians seem to view peple who sin with contempt, yet believe they love the sinner and hate the sin. Why are they hypocrites?

It's really not good to generalize. It's not fair to lump all people into what you might see in those you know or have come in contact with. We are all sinners and need forgiveness for something, whether big or small. I can't pull the straw from someone else's eye without first checking the rafter in my own.

I am a Christian. All Christians hold to a standard of impossible to consistently live up to. Therefore, all Christians are hypocrites; some more and some less.

People are people. Some are more mature in their relationship with God than others.

'Love the sinner, hate the sin' sounds nice in theory... and I guess it might sound better directed at someone when there is actually something wrong with the behavior-- like if the person were a drug addict or thief.

It doesn't work the same way with LGBTQ however because in itself the opinion that the person's very nature, lifestyle, feelings, world view, etc. are 'sinful' is kind of arrogant and condescending.

I previously asked atheists whther they would go on a trip with a Christian who believes that homosexuality is a sin and interestingly enough most of them said they would not.

This gave me insight into how much hate they think Christians have towards them - which in my opinion is a little exaggerated. It's almost as if in their atheist forums and groups all they ever hear about is how us Christians are all hateful and mean or something.

Y'all need to lighten up for real. I don't care what you do in your private time. If you choose to sin that's between you and God. Why should I take personal offense to the point of becoming angry at you for how you're living YOUR life???? No one is like that, lol, we have our own lives to live

We'll share the gospel with you any chance we get though, make no mistake (we're annoying like that) :-) and if the gospel offends you then I guess that explains why you perceive hate where there isn't

• Papa-G

Jesus said that many who say they follow him are not true Christians.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Their religion is hypocritical, they have no choice.

Do as i say, not as I do. 👼👼👼👼