What does it mean when you just started dating someone and they already need their own time, and they say You will get tired of me.?

• Min

It sounds like they are having second thoughts.

It sounds to me as if this person is either:

—not interested in a relationship and is trying to discourage you

—has bad self-esteem

—has had a bad breakup with someone who treated the partner as if he/she were worthless.

I believe the second two are related. The person may have bad self-esteem because of how the partner treated him/her. If this is the case, warm up gradually to your new partner. Become friends so that your partner will trust you.

As for needing own time, I’d be wondering why he or she said that. Ask. Have a discussion about if. If the relationship doesn’t seem right, move on.

Doesn't sound promising.

It sounds like someone who is manipulative and trying to get you to want them more by making themselves less available. It's passive aggressive crap, and you should go find someone who is just open and nice. No one needs to be yanked around like that. Don't fall into this- it's a trap, and you won't be happy. And no, you cannot change them, either.