Am I straight?

Last night I dreamt I had relations with a man! I thought I was asexual. This is not the first sexual dream about a famous man.

I have participated in relations with men IRL but I never enjoyed it. Am I straight?

Favorite Answer

No, you have dreams based on what you're imagining. Your imagination doesn't make you gay, thats insane. Hate to break it to you but when the devils comin for your mind you shouldn't bite. And from a factual standpoint you make no sense. Also, 'participating' with men was a sh/tty idea. Disgusting and disgraceful.

• reme_1

it was just a dream

• Hope!

I'm straight - I've had dreams where I am with another woman - I wake up very upset and disturbed :-) But I am not gay..

Don't put too much stock in dreams..

You sound frightened about what your own sexuality may be, and are seeking affirmation from strangers about what you want your sexuality to be! Your sexuality is whatever your sexuality is, and no seeking affirmation from strangers or lying to yourself is going to change that. If you want to live a long and happy life, you had better start living for you and not to try and save face!

dreams are just dreams. they probably mean nothing... you're only straight if you're attracted to the opposite gender, not if your dreams say you are.

If you're sexually attracted to them yes

• Dr. D

Do you use your dreams to determine your sexual orientation. Scientists tell us our dream have two primary purposes: (1) They work on unfinished business of the day. So if you've been working on something for hours and hours, you may continue doing it in your dreams, and use more creative approaches to solving it. (2) They are nature's way of making us develop our survival skills by making us face our fears and anxieties. Our dreams my be nightmares or they may put us in difficult/awkward situations where we need to struggle and press onward.

Your dreams may place you in awkward sexual situations to force you to develop survival skills.However your dreams do not determine your sexual orientation. That is fully developed during your waking hours. It is determined by where you seek sexual gratification.