Multidisciplinary studies with a focus on business, psychology and communications. What kind of job can I be expecting? Is it a good choice?

I ve been in and out of school due to a bunch of stuff but now that I m really wanting to buckle down and graduate it turns out I took too many classes so I ll have to pay out of state tuition soon. I was focusing on a communications degree but my counselor said I could switch to multidisciplinary studies and fasttrack my graduation.

Do employers view this as a "nothing" degree?

I chose Business, Psychology and Communications cause I felt as though the job prospects would be pretty open.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience with this degree I would love to hear it! Thanks!

You cannot "expect" any job. What do you want to do with your life, your career? What do you need to get there? E.g. if you wanted to specialize in marketing communications, you'd better have some good English courses as an undergrad, including writing course(s).

Any "studies" degree is suspect, but "multidisciplinary studies" means you don't really have a major at all, but just took random classes and called it a degree.

So, bad choice; don't expect a decent job. Your best shot would be communications or business.

Yes, they view it as a nothing degree. It basically shows you do not have enough knowledge in any single topic to be qualified for a job in any field, therefore any skilled job you may be hired for would require the employer to provide additional support/training to bring you up to speed.