What are some creative, non-traditional, and inexpensive wedding ceremony and reception ideas?

Favorite Answer

That depends a lot on what you consider creative, non-traditional, and inexpensive, and how many people you want at your wedding.

I've known people who rented out a bar/pub in the early afternoon and had the wedding there and pub food for the guests. People get married in their homes and backyards and make the food themselves. People rent community centers. The more creative something is, the more likely it will either cost more money or limit the number of people who can attend. People get married on boats, in hot air balloons, on ski slopes, in parks, at the beach, on trains, etc. Breakfast foods and earlier in the day are often less expensive options.

Don't invite anyone

• AJ

Picked a Sandals resort for our honeymoon, then since we were going to be there long enough, we could get a wedding package for free so we did that. About a month or so after the wedding, threw a big cookout in the park for friends and family.

Well you can do a trashion show theme. Where it is a fashion show where the outfits are made out of unused plastic garbage, trash, bin bag/liners. You can go with a gaming theme as well. or an art them using the same materials I mentioned above. I hope this helps.

Whatever you do, don’t sacrifice the food, drinks or having enough chairs and tables for your guests. Also proper temperature for the room. Start things on time and don’t keep people waiting to sit, eat or go home at a reasonable hour.

If guests aren’t comfortable then they won’t give two craps about the little details.

Guests most appreciate the stuff I listed. After that, the little details are really just for you ... people won’t really notice them. Again, they WILL notice the things that keep them from being comfortable, like a shortage of chairs or a room that’s too hot or being charged for a soda.

• Cammie

I found hundreds and hundreds of ideas. Just look it up !

Keep the guest list small and spend on the food and drinks.Even limited alcohol such as just wine and beer.

https://www.bridalguide.com/planning/the-details/t...

• GEEGEE

There's a tv show called Four Weddings. Featured brides have been married or had receptions in Museums, Aquariums (my favorite), wineries and on boats. All kind of neat.

I went to a wedding that did afternoon tea as their wedding.

They had little sandwiches, cookies and hot and iced teas.

I think the wedding and tea reception was like three hours from start to finish.

It was outside in a family members backyard, that looked like a english garden.

Inexpensive is easy. You can rent a hall with a kitchen, do food you could afford.

Creative is more difficult.

Community centers rent halls with food.

Some other places will let you bring food

One of the finest (pretty, festive, fun) wedding celebrations I've ever attended served guests a pancake supper. Goes to show that the food need not be costly or fancy to be perfectly splendid.

A great source of money saving ideas is Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior by Judith Martin. Do not turn to Wedding Industry sponsored (paid for) sources like Modernish Bride magazine or The Knotty web site. These fake "experts" are there to encourage you to spend, spend, spend, NOT to help you! The Wedding Industry will advise you on what kind of Save The Date novelties to purchase, but will never tell you "It's cheaper to just call people, and it's better too -- people would rather hear from you than get spam in their mailbox."