How to put on lipstick when top lip is larger than bottom on the edges?

I honestly cannot find anywhere online about this. Everytime I look it up I just get the stupid articles about what your lip shape says about you. Anyways, on the corners of my mouth my top lip is thicker than my bottom so when I apply lipstick to my top lip and press my lips together is smears to the outside of... show more I honestly cannot find anywhere online about this. Everytime I look it up I just get the stupid articles about what your lip shape says about you. Anyways, on the corners of my mouth my top lip is thicker than my bottom so when I apply lipstick to my top lip and press my lips together is smears to the outside of the bottom lip and looks like I applied my lipstick horribly. I've tried just applying lipstick to my bottom lip and then pressing my lips together and only filling in on the top where my bottom lip left a mark but theres a significant amount missing on my top lip and you can tell theres still a part of my lip left to be covered. Idk what to do bc I really love lipstick but I feel like I cant wear it bc my top lip smears it around my bottom. Anyone else with this problem??