My father loves his parents brothers and sisters more than my mom and i he spends most of his time with them and comes back home very late?

When he is home he always tells us all of the wrong things we have done in life (not like smoking or drinking more like you cant do anything right type of stuff) i am getting tired of him i am 17 right now i dont know what to feel

Everything you feel, anger, sadness, frustration, etc, are all normal. You SHOULD be mad! He's not a great dad!!!!!

You can try to talk with him or suggest the family going to a few therapy sessions. He may be unable or unwilling to change, though. But coming home late...that's not good for the family. Is he avoiding something at home? Criticizing you all the time is bad for your confidence and for a healthy relationship with him. Your dad probably doesn't have the skills to be a good parent. Maybe he's only good at being the $$$ provider, but he's emotionally absent. He might be overly critical because he fears that you will make the same mistakes he made as a kid. Anyway, this is hurtful for you and is causing resentment. It might be good for you to speak with a therapist to help you work through these feelings.

maybe you should talk to your dad about it and tell him how all this makes you feel

• Miss J

It is unfortunate that your father is treating you that way and I hope he comes to the realization of the harm it is causing you. My father was exactly the same way and over time I hated him which lasted until he passed. Unfortunately to this day as I am an adult, I still hate my father and have destroyed all pictures, evidence of him ever existing in my life. I really hope this does not happen to you and your relationship with your father will improve.