Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Does God want you to believe in Him even if it means lying to yourself?

Faith is not always a choice. Some of us simply cannot, in good faith, believe in religion.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

The Bible makes a statement and its 101 percent true with no exceptions.! The fool says in his heart that there is no God. The only reason that you do not believe in God is if you are a god forsaken idiot retard fool. and if you're one of those people it's because you want to be one of those people. There is no future for that kind of a person. You might as well get out the shotgun now and use it on your own brain. Well don't do that because you'll just get to your Eternal punishment faster. It doesn't make a hills of beans difference whether you believe truth the truth is still going to walk right straight up your chuckwalla!

• 2 years ago

"Does God want you to believe in Him even if it means lying to yourself?" No, dear one. He wants us to find out for ourselves that he exists and to obey him voluntarily, even happily.

"Faith is not always a choice. Some of us simply cannot, in good faith, believe in religion." I don't think "faith" means what you think it means. Faith is mostly a willingness to find out for ourselves. It is anything but blind belief. You are capable of finding out for yourself which church is approved by Jesus Christ. The tragedy is that you don't seem to want to do that. Too bad -- it's the logical thing to do.

• Jim V
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No

Either you understand that God is, or you don't.

I agree that faith is not always a choice. Some (many?) of us must be convinced.

Which is fine, as there is more than enough evidence to make God as Creator a reasonable conclusion.

But don't be like some who demand their own private miracle before they will believe.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I can't force myself to believe a lie.i did as a kid after being brainwashed.

I'm free and staying free.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Can You possibly be anymore Scripturally ignorant!

*Smacks forehead *

Lv 7
    2 years ago

Things are different "in print" than they are in reality.

Things just come along and you need to be ready.

Faith comes in handy for predicting, understanding, and preparing for the future.

God is love.

Faith in love is a tentative pretend play.

Imagining that love exists is tentative play and using a sense of humor to have a positive frame of mind.

Imagine that "people are out to do me good".

A passive openness to the possibility of being loved is good enough for a "working experiment", even if you don't fully "believe".

Don't get hung up on faith.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Lying to one's self is not belief.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

How is it lying to yourself if you CHOOSE willingly to accept and believe in the Unseen? That is faith and God will test everyone based upon faith and many trials. If you CANNOT and CANNOT reason, think about your own creation..then that is lying to yourself in a way and don't accept faith; you're rejecting it. Either because you completely don't believe or you're a hypocrite and don't want to change your ways. You speak of what you don't believe while your heart feels different deep down you may believe but preventing it. There are people who constantly reject and choose hypocrisy no matter what kind of evidence they are exposed to. God only leads a willing, curious heart to the road of guidance. Its an invitation, its your choice whether to have faith or not have guidance and sometimes, God gives guidance to some people out of kindness.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.