Is the £93 million transfer fee paid for by Juventus for the 33 year old Cristiano Ronaldo a little bit excessive?

I know Ronaldo still has a lot to offer and I know that they will reap quite a lot in advertising and sales from his signing, but I still don't think that will justify the huge fee they have paid for him. He will be 34 at the start of February.

That is a huge amount to pay for him, because at most he will have another 1 or 2 good seasons and then he will logically be finished at the highest level.

Update:

Also according to the BBC, Juventus will be paying him 60 million Euros a year in wages, that sounds like absolutely crazy money.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Mario
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

He's an overrated gimp anyway. Juventus will find this out without loads of players supplying him with unmissable chances.

• 2 years ago

If they are willing to pay that extortionate fee than so be it, utter madness.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Paying that much for a 33 yo is madness. It will take only one serious injury for the fans of Juventus to start moaning. Pasta over Tapas is key

• 2 years ago

Too much

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Nope! Cristiano is the biggest and most famous athlete on the planet. Juventus are about to sell a ton of kit/jersey merchandise around the world. Juventus will go deep in the Champions League tournament and could win the UCL and Cristiano could win another Balon D’or.

• 2 years ago

Fart

• 2 years ago

I’ll be surprised if he gets more than 20 goals next season. The seria a isnt la liga where one player can score 50+ goals in the league lol it’s much tougher than that and Ronaldo will find out

Source(s): English football
  • 2 years ago

Ronaldo had his worst season for a long time last season, Juventus have overpaid for a player that's just entering his decline, smart business by Madrid.

• they want to pay it, that's their problem don't you think?

• 2 years ago

Age is irrelevant, his numbers have actually got better with age as he's scoring more now than when he was mid 20's. He's six hundred times the player now that Coutinho ever will be so it's a great price for a guaranteed 40 goal a season player.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.