Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 years ago

How will my husband react to this situation?

I was waiting to be seated at a restaurant with 2 friends and this great looking guy was leaving the restaurant and he saw me and came over and give me a hug and said “Hello Joyce, you are just as beautiful as I remember you. We talked briefly and then the waiter came to seat us. The guy gave me his card and said “Call me sometime and lets have lunch and catch up on what we have been doing all these years”.

My friends at lunch said “Who was that guy that gave you the hug”? I told them he was a old boyfriend from high school that I had not seen in over 25 years. He was the guy that talked me into going to college which was the best decision of my life. It is where I met my husband, the love of my life.

I really want to have lunch with him and say thank you for all you did for me. I just need some advice on how to do it. Should I call him and say my husband and I would like to meet you for lunch some time. I don’t know if he is married or not so should I ask him to bring his wife along as I would like to meet her?

How do I ask my husband to join me for this meeting. It just does not seem like he would understand if I said I want to have lunch with an old boyfriend. Perhaps I should tell my husband I would like to meet a old high school friend.

Someone please give me some advice on how I should handle this.

THANKS.

• Steve

Your friend might not know you’re married now. Call him sometime and update him.

Tell your husband you saw this old friend. He gave you his card and suggested the two of you should have lunch sometime. That’s what happened and is what you should tell him. He will take it from there, based on how he’s feeling.

Meeting your friend on the sly is inconsiderate if you don’t already know how your husband would react.