How can I get approved for a tubal ligation when I’m young?

I’m 18 and I’ll be honest: this presidents agenda is scaring me. Rape is becoming more common and rapists seem to get away with a meer smack on the hand these days.

And at the same time this administration is trying to take away our rights to a safe abortion. Not to mention increasing the cost of women’s health care and birth control. My birth control used to be free or only two dollars, but now it is $18 for a 3 week supply!

I hate kids. With a passion. I would kill myself before I had a baby. I’ve never liked them and have known since I was nine that I’d never want kids; I felt misplaced because all of my friends played with baby dolls and were in awe over babies. I still feel the same way. Babies are annoying snot rags and I’d do anything to not have to encounter one ever again. I hear all the usual remarks : what if you meet a guy who wants kids? (then he’s not the one for me), what if you change your mind? (i’ll adopt), who will take care of you when you are older? (explain all these old people who have children but are still left to rot in nursing homes..)

I don’t want to get a tubal ligation for at least a few years, but I definitely want to get one before my mid-twenties. Seriously, it’s really becoming a tough world for an avid baby hater, and a women with goals other than to be a human incubator

Wow. Not once did I mention hurting children. Maybe you should go see a counselor about your narrow one sided viewpoint

• MissA
    Favorite Answer

Do your research.

Seek out friendly doctors.

Come off as intelligent and thoughtful and not bratty (which, right now... yeah, you need to work on that).

Keep asking.

Get a long acting reversible contraceptive method installed and work with that until you get what you're after.

Ask Dear Abby.

Get an IUD. There are IUDs that last 8-10 years. That should carry you through this administration. It will be easier to get a tubal ligation when you're in your mid-20s, too.

Not wanting kids is fine. Great.

Hating them to to point you do is really kind of scary. A therapist might be a good idea. Get them to write a letter saying that you'd be a danger to any future children. I don't think it would be hard considering your attitude.

I'd look at a long term contraceptive like an IUD first just in case you change your mind.