Was This Cashier Rude?

I was in the DVD store today and I bought American Beauty (1999) A film I kinda wanted to see and it is one of my wife's favourites and Spacey is her favourite actor. I kinda wanted to see it because of Kevin Spacey, it is an internal struggle about it because on one hand I think he was one of the best actors... show more I was in the DVD store today and I bought American Beauty (1999)

A film I kinda wanted to see and it is one of my wife's favourites and Spacey is her favourite actor.

I kinda wanted to see it because of Kevin Spacey, it is an internal struggle about it because on one hand I think he was one of the best actors I have seen in film, lobed House Of Cards too, on the other there is controversy about him.

So I bought the DVD and the cashier says 'what are you watching a film with that scum in'

He has done this before, I am a regular customer, he has served me before and I have seen how he serves others, he always comments on people's purchase

I replied 'OK what film or actors do you like?

He said 'Henry Cavill is my favourite and Batman vs Superman is the best film'

I just sort of laughed lightly and said 'OK how much' and paid for my DVD and left?

Was it necessarily rude of him to say this? Or to judge me for my purchases?