If my a/c coils are dirty, would a recharge to the system cool and essentially “fix” the problem for a few days?

We had one company say our a/c wasn’t cooling because of dirty coils which isn’t covered by home warranty. Another company came out and said the evaporator is leaking and needs to be replaced... they recharged the system and the a/c did start cooling, but only lasted 3 days. My question is, would a recharge work if... show more We had one company say our a/c wasn’t cooling because of dirty coils which isn’t covered by home warranty. Another company came out and said the evaporator is leaking and needs to be replaced... they recharged the system and the a/c did start cooling, but only lasted 3 days. My question is, would a recharge work if it is the coils? Or is there a leak since the recharge did work? Can’t get a straight answer from the home warranty contractors and they have a bad reputation. But my understanding is if took a charge it was low, and if it was low, there’s obviously a leak. Inhave no real knowledge of a/d just a layman’s understanding and want to handle the company/direct the situation correctly without getting crazy on a lack of knowledge.