Extending metal fence posts to allow for a taller fence?

My girlfriend and I are wanting to replace our fence. Its old and slowly breaking down. Right now, we have a pretty standard wooden fence, which uses 6 or 7 foot metal poles as a brace for the fence. We would like to extend this to having an 8 foot fence, vs a 6 foot fence. We will not be paying a fence company,... show more My girlfriend and I are wanting to replace our fence. Its old and slowly breaking down. Right now, we have a pretty standard wooden fence, which uses 6 or 7 foot metal poles as a brace for the fence. We would like to extend this to having an 8 foot fence, vs a 6 foot fence.

We will not be paying a fence company, this is something we're going to do ourselves. Is the only options to completely replace the poles, or are there extensions out there? I've shopped around at lowes/home depot and haven't found anything.

Thanks!