How long does it take to get good at guitar?

So I started playing the guitar a few years ago but started taking it seriously within the past year. I’m still terrible, I can only play a few songs, I have to look at where I’m playing (I have a general idea on what fret I’m on but for example sometimes I think I’m playing of fret 5 when I’m on 4), I can’t play... show more So I started playing the guitar a few years ago but started taking it seriously within the past year. I’m still terrible, I can only play a few songs, I have to look at where I’m playing (I have a general idea on what fret I’m on but for example sometimes I think I’m playing of fret 5 when I’m on 4), I can’t play solos at all I can’t play fast, I can’t even strum up (I taught myself and I can only strum down, when I strum up it sounds too hard), and I hold the back of the neck with my thumb but I’m applying too much pressure which causes my thumb to hurt. I subscribed to something that shows you how to play songs but all the songs I want to play are insanely hard, I can only play Shepherd of fire and hail to the king by avenged sevenfold (rhythm, excluding really fast parts). So why am I so terrible at the guitar still? I’ve been playing for a year, shouldn’t I be at least somewhat good by now? Or am I starting off too strong and need to learn easier songs?
8 answers 8