Are humans' brains designed a certain way so that they will want to find a mate who will spend the rest of their life with?

I have once heard from someone that humans' brains are designed a certain way so that they will want to find a mate who will spend the rest of their life with. But I don't believe that at all. I don't think romance love is actually real at all or at least is not near as powerful and special as type of a... show more I have once heard from someone that humans' brains are designed a certain way so that they will want to find a mate who will spend the rest of their life with. But I don't believe that at all. I don't think romance love is actually real at all or at least is not near as powerful and special as type of a love people make it out to be.

About at least half of couples breaking up with each other or divorcing each other is proof that romance love is not real at all or that type of love is not near as powerful and special as people make it out to be. I think that romance love is more of a type of lust rather than a type of love.

I do however believe that platonic love exists, since a platonic bestfriend is way more likely to stay in a person's life and love them until death (unlike how a boyfriend or girlfriend or husband or wife would).

I personally think the world would be a better place if humans got rid of romance love and just stick with platonic love. Like I think humans should stop dating and getting married, and just stick with having platonic bestfriends.

Also people can still have children without dating or marriage. In the animal world, once a male animal is done mating and impregnating a female animal, they instinctually leave them forever.