The more "fancy and flashy" martial art demos that does not work in real life?- don't they work against regular unskilled people?

I hear people say alot of fancy flashy moves and kicks are not piratical in real fights. I can see where this go wrong in skillful fights where your opponent is equally as skilled, (like MmA fights) But for the vast majority of people who do not fight or drunk brawls. Don't these flashy spin kicks actually... show more I hear people say alot of fancy flashy moves and kicks are not piratical in real fights. I can see where this go wrong in skillful fights where your opponent is equally as skilled, (like MmA fights)

But for the vast majority of people who do not fight or drunk brawls. Don't these flashy spin kicks actually work very well?

I remember in high school, theres this kid who took martial arts and fights a lot of regular kids who do not take martial arts, and he always gets them with these attacks.