How/When should I tell her?

So in December I am going to Los Angeles over the new year. I have wanted to go for so long and I finally ave enough money to pay for most of the trip. I do need to get a loan - maybe $5,000 maximum and I have everything organised and I know what spend each day, my flights, accommodation, transport etc. I am first... show more So in December I am going to Los Angeles over the new year. I have wanted to go for so long and I finally ave enough money to pay for most of the trip. I do need to get a loan - maybe $5,000 maximum and I have everything organised and I know what spend each day, my flights, accommodation, transport etc. I am first year university and I feel like that it is the right time to do it while I am still young and I have no debts to pay off. I know how much I need to pay each month to pay off the loan and I understand that this may affect my finances later on. I know my mom will disagree with it but I am 18 and it is my life and my decision on what I do. I just don't know how to tell my mom about it and whether I should do it soon or when I have everything booked so then she would have to say yes?!
22 answers 22