? asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 year ago

Why are Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver restaurants so popular in USA when Brit food is not respected?

Update:

Can you confirm you are from USA if answering

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jane
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

British food is very eclectic as we don't have many really great dishes that can be said to have originated just in the UK. Apparently it's because of our colonial past and because we took advantage of spice trading even before that. We're very lucky in having a massive choices of great restaurants from a huge range of international cuisines.

While Ramsey and Oliver are British chefs, they take their inspiration from Europe eg France, Italy, and wider.

Having said that, we have some great local ingredients from our farming of the land and the sea,and of course we love our pies and cheeses!

• 1 year ago

They are popular and few of the best chefs in the world. That's enough for Americans to go to their restaurants.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

We like their role models.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I was wondering that myself when UK food is thought to be so bad that the locals choose Indian food

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

British accents on tv

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

They don't make British food, from what I've seen on the shows. Ramsey seems to have a thing for Italian. Fine dining in general has a French background. If you learned Spanish in school, you speak Castilian and will have a hard time conversing with Mexicans. If you went to culinary school, you learned French cooking. You might not have the art for pasty or bangers but I'm sure your Bearnaise sauce will never separate.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Much of British food is Indian inspired.

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

good heavens...

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Because they are World renowned chefs and canny businessmen to boot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.