are kurds muslims or not?

They are friends of Usa

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Kurds, nothing much to be said about them. From what I've seen they're only trouble. That's what occurs when incest happens. I'm just ashamed that the Arab Nations didn't do a better job of clearing their existence. Scatter around the world, being menaces to society. In a sack of apples, 90% of them happen to be rotten, but there are good ones. I could use that same reference from multiple races. People are just stupid.

• 1 year ago

They are Muslims, in fact. And, yes, they are good friends and allies of the US, and about the only folks in that part of the world who are really good at fighting for themselves.

• Kyle
    1 year ago

Some are some aren't. Salahudin was a Kurd not an Arab and often wasn't well liked by Arabs nor did he like them much.

• Zhu
    1 year ago

Most are. Yezidis speak Kurdish language.

• Tai
    1 year ago

The majority of Kurds are (Sunni) Muslim, but as an ethnic group they follow a variety of religions. My cousin who is half Iranian Kurd (from her mother) is non-religious, her parents were Scientologists (her father/my uncle still is, but I don't know if her mom still is), and her mom's Kurdish family is a mix of faiths.

• ben
    1 year ago

most are.

• 1 year ago

Yes, most are muslims.

1 year ago

If they believe in any form of Islam they are Muslim scum.

• Cei
    1 year ago

The Kurdish people are an ethnic group occupying parts of Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Syria. Most follow the Islamic faith some are Christian

So asking if they're Muslims is like asking if Americans are Christians - some are some aren't.

1 year ago

"The land of Karda" is mentioned on a Sumerian clay-tablet dated to the 3rd millennium B.C. This land was inhabited by "the people of Su" who dwelt in the southern regions of Lake Van; The philological connection between "Kurd" and "Karda" is uncertain but the relationship is considered possible.[42] Other Sumerian clay-tablets referred to the people, who lived in the land of Karda, as the Qarduchi and the Qurti.[43] Karda/Qardu is etymologically related to the Assyrian term Urartu and the Hebrew term Ararat.[44]

Today, the majority of Kurds are Sunni Muslim, belonging to the Shafi school. The Kurdish following of the Shafi legal code has caused some tension when pushed up against Sunni Turks and Sunni Arabs who subscribe to the Hanafi legal code.

1 year ago

No, they are mostly socialists or atheist