Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 2 years ago

Duffle Bag or Backpack for an airplane carry on?

So I will be traveling soon and I don't know if I should bring a duffle bag or backpack for a carry-on. The backpack looks cooler and will free my hands but it's a bit uncomfortable on the back and shoulders. The backpack will fit everything nicely with no room left over. A duffle will have leftover room, however, I'm worried that it will look dumb or be inconvenient.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Check the dimensions as allowed by the airline. They are fairly uniform across most airlines these days, but do check. No bag, however practical or conventional or strange-looking, will be allowed as cabin baggage if it exceeds the allowed dimensions.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

backpacks as usually they can fit wuite easily under the seat in front if one doesn't pack it to the brimb

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Backpack everytime.

• 2 years ago

Stuffed, the duffel bag is way too big as a carry on. It would not fit in either the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you. You would have to check it in.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Backpack

• 2 years ago

Duffle bags are more useful. MacGyver could come up with a 100 ways that a duffle bag could and would save your life.

• sats
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

backpack will be easier to get it into the overhead compartment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.