Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 2 years ago

Duffle Bag or Backpack for an airplane carry on?

So I will be traveling soon and I don't know if I should bring a duffle bag or backpack for a carry-on. The backpack looks cooler and will free my hands but it's a bit uncomfortable on the back and shoulders. The backpack will fit everything nicely with no room left over. A duffle will have leftover room, however, I'm worried that it will look dumb or be inconvenient.

• John P

Check the dimensions as allowed by the airline. They are fairly uniform across most airlines these days, but do check. No bag, however practical or conventional or strange-looking, will be allowed as cabin baggage if it exceeds the allowed dimensions.

backpacks as usually they can fit wuite easily under the seat in front if one doesn't pack it to the brimb

Backpack everytime.

Stuffed, the duffel bag is way too big as a carry on. It would not fit in either the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you. You would have to check it in.

Backpack

Duffle bags are more useful. MacGyver could come up with a 100 ways that a duffle bag could and would save your life.

• sats

backpack will be easier to get it into the overhead compartment.