Is it okay to ask somebody to move from your reserved train seat?

My mum and I were travelling home to Leamington from York after a university open day. We’d reserved seats because it’s a 2 and a half hour journey and we didn’t want to stand. I’d (stupidly) slipped and sprained my ankle the day before travelling home, so definitely needed to sit down. The train was REALLY crowded... show more My mum and I were travelling home to Leamington from York after a university open day. We’d reserved seats because it’s a 2 and a half hour journey and we didn’t want to stand. I’d (stupidly) slipped and sprained my ankle the day before travelling home, so definitely needed to sit down. The train was REALLY crowded but we got to our seats to find a woman in her 50s sat there. I politely told her that we’d reserved those seats and asked her to move, but she started shouting and really rudely told us that she’s not moving, she’s a pensioner, she doesn’t care that I’ve hurt my ankle etc. At this point the whole train carriage is staring and she’s started saying that she’s not moving because SHE reserved a seat, but couldn’t find it, so she’s not moving from our seats. She was telling us to get the train staff because “they wouldn’t make [her] move”, but the train was so crowded we couldn’t move down the aisles. In the end a man near us gave her his seat so that we could sit down. It was a really awkward situation, but were my mum and I in the wrong for asking her to move?