I just got a tank cleaning job, what should I expect?

I recently got a tank cleaning job at SBSBTC in San Diego. What should I expect? I don't know how to do anything, literally. What kinds of activities should I expect, and will it be too much for me? I'm a skinny 18 year old, and this is my first job.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Sand blasting and tank cleaning is high-tech, maybe high-skilled, not especially high effort. I don't think there will be anything that's beyond your physical capabilities. You may find it's harder 'brain work' than muscle work.

Anyway, it will certainly be interesting. Succeed or fail, you will learn new things, that will help you in this job or whatever job you get next! Try to maintain your sense of adventure. 8^)

• 1 year ago

They will train you and fill you in on what to expect.

1 year ago

Expect lung diseases, heavy metal poisoning, fun stuff.

Great job though if you wear the right gear and keep your face and hands out of your work.

• 1 year ago

Only way to find out is to get in there and start that job. They'll probably train you so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If they didn't think you could handle it then they wouldn't have hired you. (Though ultimately that's up to you to decide.)