Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 2 years ago

Should liberals support any candidate who calls for expanding the SCOTUS to 11 justices to counteract Gorsuch's illegitimate seat?

Here's the plan - we vote for whichever 2020 candidate who promises to expand the court to 11 justices to make up for Gorsuch's illegitimate appointment.

Court packing isn't ideal but it will be less harmful to democracy than the gerrymandering, vote suppression and buying of elections that will be solidified by this stolen seat majority of right wing extremists.

Fvck convention, fvck decorum. The GOP never abides by them, so why should we? Let us have Puerto Rico and DC as states, a majority on the SCOTUS, ban corporate donations, ban gerrymandering, ban super PACs, ban voter suppression.

Right wingers will ***** like hell but once we have free and fair elections they won't be able to come back for 20 years.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I've been saying that the majority of Democrats in office have been far too weak against the Republicans for years. I would support any candidate who aggressively fights against the Republicans. The Democrats in office who are worried about "decorum" should be removed and replaced with actual fighters. The Republicans sure as hell don't care about decorum.

Fortunately, many of the young and progressive Democrats are ready to fight and they've been growing in number and have started winning elections.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

lol, some people post the dumbest things on here.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Sorry but Gorsuch appointment was 100% legal... the Republican just turned the tables on the Democrats and their earlier efforts to do the exact same thing (delay the appointment) lead by BIDEN.

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I'm sensing a little panic starting to settle in with my Liberal friends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

AHHHHH-HA-HA-HA !!! FDR tried expanding the SCOTUS back in the 1930's after a landslide victory and his own party in Congress stopped him. (Dems controlled both houses of Congress at the time and FDR was a Dem POTUS.)

Ain't happening. No way does the SCOTUS ever get expanded in the next 300 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Procedures_...

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Okay. We give in. Let's do that for you. Now Trump gets 3 judges to pick before the election.

• lmao.

Every time the Left loses, they want to change the rules of the game.

It's like playing monopoly with 5 year olds.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.