Why do I keep seeing cockroaches in my house?

I am staying at my mothers house in the Philippines for summer vacation where it’s hot and humid all the time. I’m living on my own and since no ones occupied the house in a couple months my first day in I see a couple dead roaches. One few nights afterwards I found 3 alive near my bathroom and sprayed some... show more I am staying at my mothers house in the Philippines for summer vacation where it’s hot and humid all the time. I’m living on my own and since no ones occupied the house in a couple months my first day in I see a couple dead roaches. One few nights afterwards I found 3 alive near my bathroom and sprayed some cockroach spray to find one more. I keep going on other vacations so I just came back from one I laid traps and such in the house and sprayed it before I left and find 7 dead cockroaches. Every once in a while i’ll see a dead baby cockroach and such around the house, and that black liquid roaches leave behind. It’s a small house and my place is not dirty we have people clean it all the time and I no longer cook any food here or have food anywhere unless it’s in a can, because I don’t want to have cockroaches. I’m very scared of bugs and I’m a huge germophob so I don’t touch anything around the kitchen or dining room area. I spray roach/ant killing spray every night but they seem to appear most when I’m gone for a few days. I still have a month and Idk if the price of an exterminator is worth it and whether they can even prevent them from coming since seeing roaches almost seems regular here. Does this mean i’m probably living around thousands of roaches? If so I probably will never leave my room lol.
5 answers 5