Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 2 years ago

Why do people say England can't make it to QF?

If England finish second in their group they will get Whomever finishes first in Group H (Poland, Columbia, Japan, Senegal), those are all beatable after that they will get either mexico or Switzerland whomever wins that RO16 clash, those two are also very beatable, then they are in the semis and only then they start playing an actually good team such as Spain.

Pretty sure England can have the easiest path, all they have to do is finish second,

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Regardless of what fans really might be thinking, it's better to keep expectations down, in order to remain the underdog. psychologically that approach carries much more positives than negatives...and so far, from what i have seen that mindset is working

The other factor is that other fans in this section don't nessaccarily want England to win, so why raise their pedigree, in the end though football will do the talking whatever happens

• Login to reply the answers
  • MELONS
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

because of the horrible performance of the last worldcup

• Wossy
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

Our defence is a bit shaky and Sterling is still as awful as ever but we can do it.

• Loog5R
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

id say we will get to the quarters we seem somewhat better than average but not that great sterling needs to start playing way better

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ZolGOD
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Colombia is the only team I would be scared of in Group H as of now. That loss they had to Japan was a huge fluke. Unfit Rodriguez coming off the bench. They got a red card in like 3 minutes.

I actually believe and I can’t believe I’m saying this. I would be surprised if England don’t make quarter finals this year.

• 2 years ago

"Someone with this many haters must be doing something right"

Nabinho

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

England need to avoid certain teams like Germany and Croatia. I think England can handle almost everyone else including Brazil, Spain , France, Uruguay, Portugal and Mexico. It depends on matchups.

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

England can only meet Germany in the Final, unless England win their group then they will meet them earlier. That is assuming Germany also comes second in their group, which is most likely.

• Viva
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

It's an emotional statement, not a logical one, we're firing well on all cylinders and nobody in Group H looks anything special, although Colombia are still best avoided!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.