Do people who develop mental illness quite often have above average intelligence?

I have schizophrenia and I have scored 160 on an IQ test. Bobby Fischer quite possibly had mental illness (bipolar schizophrenia aspergers) later on in life. He was also very smart (Chess World Champion). My sister is bipolar and was Salutatorian of her school (second highest gpa in her grade). Maybe mental... show more I have schizophrenia and I have scored 160 on an IQ test. Bobby Fischer quite possibly had mental illness (bipolar schizophrenia aspergers) later on in life. He was also very smart (Chess World Champion). My sister is bipolar and was Salutatorian of her school (second highest gpa in her grade). Maybe mental illness is not a good thing but is it true that many people with mental illness are actually above average intelligence?