24 & severe water retention/ leg swelling daily- help?!?

I’m only 24 years old but for a few years I’ve experienced increasingly bad water retention and swelling in my legs. I can feel it worse than it looks but it’s gotten worse and worse every month and if I wear my crew socks I wore without a problem a few years back I get marks on my legs (like it’s too tight).... show more I’m only 24 years old but for a few years I’ve experienced increasingly bad water retention and swelling in my legs. I can feel it worse than it looks but it’s gotten worse and worse every month and if I wear my crew socks I wore without a problem a few years back I get marks on my legs (like it’s too tight).
Anyways I elevate when I can but I just don’t understand how it’s gotten so bad at this point in my life. If anything, it should’ve been a problem when I was binging on unhealthy foods everyday, downing the diet soda and energy drinks, and wreaking havoc on my body whilst in the worst of my bulimia... but that point was years ago! And during that time my body actually looked and was functioning the best. (???!!!?!?!?!?!)
By no means am I going to relapse my bulimia just to fix my edema-like symptoms... but I would appreciate some help as to why this is happening at such a young age, what I can do to fix it, and if anyone else deals with it, too?
Thanks!
-em