Why do people call me crazy for having depression and they all me sick or mentally ill ? is it bad to have depression?

hi i'm a 20.5 year old college student who has mild depression. a group of my peers bully me me and call me crazy, mentally ill and sick in the head. i don't think im crazy i may have my moments when i keep to myself but im an introvert by nature as well all ways have been. i really don't like the word... show more hi i'm a 20.5 year old college student who has mild depression. a group of my peers bully me me and call me crazy, mentally ill and sick in the head. i don't think im crazy i may have my moments when i keep to myself but im an introvert by nature as well all ways have been. i really don't like the word mentally ill or sick. i know depression is a mental illness but that makes me sound like something is very wrong with me and it only makes me feel worse about myself i have already lost friends because of this. sorry for rambling but thats what i do. is depression ok or am i bad for having it.
Update: im a 20 year old male/boy and i feel ashamed of myself for my depression but i have more good days than bad recently