Samantha asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 years ago

Does olive oil help grow eyelashes and eyebrows?

I saw this online and I put it on every night and wash it off in the morning but will it eventually help? And what if it gets into my eye. Is there anyway to prevent that or is that just a known thing when I apply the oil to my lashes?

Olive oil??? i think so no i hear about coconut and amla oil.

They’re lots of different remedies other than olive oil for hair, eyelashes, eyebrows etc. and yes some of them do work but it depends on the person. I’ve never personally tried olive oil but I have heard that it does work from others, castor oil and coconut oil are a lot better in my opinion because that is what works for me so be open to other oils too.

You should also try massaging it into the eyelash line and brow hairs since that will open the pores and allow the oil to really sink in, usually you should lightly massage the area for 5 minutes after you apply the oil.

If you’re worried about getting the oil in your eyes try and put it on before you go to bed because your eyes will be closed but I don’t know if you can just avoid it, it’s not a big deal however if you do because the eye is a self cleaner and any oil that might get in it will gather into your tear duct.

No. You can't put olive oil on your eyes and expect hair to grow, if that was true nobody would be bald. If you really want long eyelashes, invest in some fake ones or mascara. I've heard that baseline also makes your eyelashes look longer.

• hairylegs2 years agoReport

This advice is trash. Oil can make lashes grow longer. I've done it and my lashes are super long from it. Mascara and false lashes make your lashes shorter over time unless you do something to counteract it like using vitamin e oil.

.

No, it won't grow anything. Don't you think if it did, there would be no bald men? And, if it gets in your eyes, it will sting like a mother. Not to mention, if you get it on eyeglasses, you are going to have a gooey mess.

Of course not.

.

Help, probably not. And oil on lashes may get into your eye, no way to prevent it.

No. That's totally ridiculous. Hair follicles are not plants. They can't be fed or watered at their base to make them grow.