Can a person get in trouble for doing a fundraiser without a license?

I know some people that one up do a clothing swap as a fundraiser and they want to do the fundraiser so that they can raise money for their nonprofits to get it started the one person wants to help the homeless and the other one wants to help autistic autistic people. I posted about the clothing swap and asking... show more I know some people that one up do a clothing swap as a fundraiser and they want to do the fundraiser so that they can raise money for their nonprofits to get it started the one person wants to help the homeless and the other one wants to help autistic autistic people. I posted about the clothing swap and asking for clothes for them on some of my Facebook sites and someone posted back to me that it is considered fraud to do a fundraiser without a license and asked what we were doing with the money and I said it's going to be split between the two people they are going to each get money to start their nonprofits and that they had to do the fundraiser in order to raise money to start a non-profit process and they told me that it was considered fraud to take people's clothes and then money for the event since they don't have a non-profit license yet so I is it considered fraud to do a fundraiser without a license all we're doing is collecting clothes from people and selling them at a good price to people who can't afford high prices of clothes so is it considered fraud to do this