Can single loading rounds into a bolt action damage the extractor?

I have an old mossberg .410 bolt action shotgun, and it has an internal magazine that holds two shells, the mag is quite finicky to load and cycling the bolt to chamber the 2nd shell has proved the gun to be unreliable, and so the magazine is not really worth using, so rather I usually just set a shell on the... show more I have an old mossberg .410 bolt action shotgun, and it has an internal magazine that holds two shells, the mag is quite finicky to load and cycling the bolt to chamber the 2nd shell has proved the gun to be unreliable, and so the magazine is not really worth using, so rather I usually just set a shell on the follower or insert the shell into the chamber and close the bolt. This way saves time and is more enjoyable, as well as gun doesn't jam. But I got thinking of the way the bolt normally strips the shell off the magazine and it got me wondering if the way I load the gun could be bad for the extractor at all.