Nicole asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 3 years ago

Daughter suddenly wants short hair?

Not exactly 'short', but she wants it shoulder length. She's 15. In January she had but length hair that was very beautiful, then got it cut halfway up her back. Then in February she got it cut to her shoulders. Now, it's slightly past her shoulders getting longer again. Just yesterday she told me she wanted to cut it again, but I feel likes it's too soon. We've always donated her hair, but it just feels like a waste since it's too short to donate and gets thrown away. And I don't really enjoy the idea that she wants to keep it short though. How is she gonna get a boyfriend like that? She's a bit of a tomboy but also does gymnastics, and says "it's easier to manage it". She's got a round ish face shape. Her face is pretty, doesn't wear makeup, looks young. But I feel like the short hair ruins it. My husband is more on her side that 'she' should be able to choose it's length. I mean, is this a phase that girls nowadays go thru? Cause I certainly didn't go thru this. Is it normal for her to just suddenly want this?

It’s easier to style and maintain when it’s short. That’s for sure.

She is right.

That's ok

• Linda

And, get her hair cut and move on.

• F

Why don't you just ask "Do you think my daughter is a Lesbian?" rather than beating around the bush. (no pun intended).

I suggest asking her to let it grow a little more so you can donate it later and help more kids. Of course, you should let her cut her hair short or she may go to extreme measures and cut her hair herself ( I’m 19 and I did that once when I was younger because my mom wouldn’t let me) I think letting her make her own choices is important now that she’s 15. I moved out at 18 and I needed help at first with choices. It may seem like a small choice and a small thing, but it does help to make choices before you hit 18.

• Teva

What's it got to do with you?

• Leanne

That’s normal. When someone wants short hair the usually experiment with going shorter and shorter first until the big chop. She’s a kid if she hates it she’s got 2 years to grow it back. I had a shaved pixie cut at 22 and now at almost 25 my hair is waist length again

• ?

I have had short hair on and off, I've been with my husband for 14 years and we got married last summer. Short haired girls CAN get a boyfriend and get married if they want to.

Some guys don't care about weather you have long or short hair. Some times guys care more about what's on the inside, or if they happen to like her personality.

She should have a way to express her self, if that's through her hair then at least she told you about it. You offered your opinion, if she really wants to do it then it's her choice as it's her hair. She will be wearing it not you.

I can tell you that short hair IS easier to manage. There's less time spent on washing and styling it. Also any competent hair stylist can give her a short hair style that will suit her face shape.

Some girls just like wearing short hair, it may not be a phase so even though you may not like it it's what she wants to do.

So you're not able to donate it this one time, if she likes her hair then it's not a complete waste. If she doesn't like it then she's learned a lesson. It's hair, it will grow back if she doesn't like it.

.