Husband is in the U.S Navy & got a DUI while on vacation. whats next?

My husband and i are from San Diego and we are stationed in Illinois,my husband has been in AA for a while due to his addiction with alcohol. Just a week ago, my husband and i went back to san diego to visit family and during that time he got drunk and got a DUI. Long story short i had no idea that he had been... show more My husband and i are from San Diego and we are stationed in Illinois,my husband has been in AA for a while due to his addiction with alcohol. Just a week ago, my husband and i went back to san diego to visit family and during that time he got drunk and got a DUI. Long story short i had no idea that he had been arrested because at that time i was doing my own thing with my family, i got the call from him saying he was arrested and went to bail him out.
His court date is in the middle of July and I'm wondering if we can get the case transferred over from California to Illinois?
as well as if this is his first offense, what are the possible things that can happen?
i know that while he has been in AA they told him that if he ever gets a DUI its considered failed treatment and the Navy would separate him.
If separation does occur, will the Navy pay for us to move back home? how long does the separation process usually take? my husband has a year left in the Navy if that helps with any of the answers
thank you in advance and I'm only asking these things just to prepare on what has yet to come!