I broke my mums freezer!?

I was just getting my dog some ice to persuade him to drop an item but when I closed the freezer the hinge snapped and now my mums coming back in one to two hours... what should I do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • rlvjav
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

Quick - run down to the local mortuary and get a cadaver. Bring it back and toss it into the freezer. When you mum finds the dead body, she'll want to get rid of the damned freezer anyway.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

http"//www.repairclinic.com Order new hinges or hige bearings. Chances are, they were about to go anyway.

• 2 years ago

Just tell the truth. Even if you could repair the hinge, it would probably require a part you couldn't get in 2 hours if you called ahead and had it waiting at the counter.

Besides, if what you describe broke the door, it was about to break anyway. Referring to it as your mum's fridge implies you don't live there anymore. If that is the case, it may have already been broken.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

That sounds like you need hinge replacement. Go to the work areas, hardware areas of the house while carrying the broken piece of the hinge, and try and find a hinge that could replace it. If you can, get the screws for it too, from the broken, so you can use them, or find larger screws for it. The screws don't matter if they are straight or criss cross/philips head screw.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

To be honest, if I were you, you should tell her about it just to get it done and over with. I mean would you want to literally have that constantly worrying you for maybe 30 more minutes before she finds out or just tell her now and be done with it? From what I've read, it happened by accident- hey, accidents happen! I broke something recently but I just told my family to get it done and over with. Being honest is the best thing to do. Just tell her what happened.

• no2 years agoReport

Did they get mad

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Cut your forehead and wipe some blood onto the freezer door. Then explain that the door broke and cut your forehead.

Tell her that she is lucky that you don't sue her for personal injury.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.