What database works best for a mobile app.?

I am developing in app for a company to navigate multiple office parks. The app would be on windows or android tablets. The goal is for it to have a database showing who is in which office space. These can constantly be changing so it has to be updated remotely. Some tablets might share the same listings. We would... show more I am developing in app for a company to navigate multiple office parks. The app would be on windows or android tablets.
The goal is for it to have a database showing who is in which office space.
These can constantly be changing so it has to be updated remotely.
Some tablets might share the same listings.
We would prefer no server hosting, an embedded database with remote access would be best.
My question is, what database system would work best. SQLite is embedded but cannot be accessed remotely.
We have worked with door entry systems (Such as ones made by DoorKing or Linear) where the box is screwed in, the network is configured, and it is accessed to the IP/Port remotely.
Any advice on which database would be best would be appreciated.
Update: By server hosting I mean that we do not want it connecting to a set server with multiple tables that we would have to add a table for every tablet, rather the tablet/windows 10 machine would host the server itself, as this would be the only thing this device did.