Boring sex with boyfriend?

So me and my boyfriend have been together for about 3 years now. Sex was okay at first, never really mind blowingly good but it was good still and we couldnt get enough of each other for the first year or so. just for a long while I've been feeling bored, we hardly ever try anything new, it's always oral... show more So me and my boyfriend have been together for about 3 years now.
Sex was okay at first, never really mind blowingly good but it was good still and we couldnt get enough of each other for the first year or so.
just for a long while I've been feeling bored, we hardly ever try anything new, it's always oral followed by missionary or doggy.
I did say something to him and we bought some sex toys and blindfold and handcuffs but they only get used rarely.
Even when we do use them he always asks if he can handcuff me and worried they're too tight so he spends ages fiddling with them which is a bit of a mood killer.
I know he's never going to be the kind of guy that just throws me on the bed and takes charge, but I just wish he was a bit more confident and dominant in the bedroom.
it's got to the point where I just really don't want to have sex anymore because It's just so much effort to try and get aroused when I'm not into it...I worry so much that it stops me from getting wet and then I feel bad because I don't want him to feel like he's doing a bad job or anything and then I feel bad and worry about that some more which just makes it impossible to relax and try and enjoy myself.
I do enjoy sex and masturbation btw I'm not asexual or anything which would be causing me to have this problem.
I just don't know what to do.
I love him so much but this is just becoming a real problem for me and I don't know what to do about it...
anyone have any advice please?