Laptop always freezes with Youtube?

I've only ever had two laptops my entire life. This was an issue I have experienced with both but mainly with my "new" one (new to me but used in general). The whole screen will freeze and nothing can unfreeze it until I close the laptop and open it back up. Esc doesn't do anything, same with any... show more I've only ever had two laptops my entire life. This was an issue I have experienced with both but mainly with my "new" one (new to me but used in general). The whole screen will freeze and nothing can unfreeze it until I close the laptop and open it back up. Esc doesn't do anything, same with any of the other buttons. Unlike my other laptop where the audio would just keep playing or stop, on this one the audio blares into my headphones and it seems to play the same 1-2 seconds of audio over and over until I shut the laptop. It is truly bizarre. Anyway, is there a way to stop this?? I use Google Chrome by the way. That is my preferred browser. Not sure if that plays a role at all. Thanks in advance for all helpful suggestions :)
5 answers 5