How do i clone my main external hard drive?

i want to clone my main seagate external drive, which contains all my media /pictures and music, the drive is about 6 years old. i want to clone the drive as a way of backing up the drive, but the problem is im not sure how to clone an ext hard drive? someone on yahoo recommended 'macrium' software to do... show more i want to clone my main seagate external drive, which contains all my media /pictures and music, the drive is about 6 years old.

i want to clone the drive as a way of backing up the drive, but the problem is im not sure how to clone an ext hard drive?

someone on yahoo recommended 'macrium' software to do the clone, but i wouldn't know how to use macrium to do such a task as cloning the drive?

what do i do in this situation? i would hate to lose any data off this external hard drive, as this is my main drive with all my media files.