Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 years ago

I scored a 35 on the navy asvab. Can i make a career with any of those jobs given to me?

The min now is 31 for the navy, and wondering if i could make a good career with any of those jobs given to me? Or should i risk it nd take it again? And will i still be able to go to college in the navy?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

You can make a "career" out of any of the lowliest jobs.

each rate has chiefs and senior chiefs and Master Chiefs. It all depends just how long you care to be doing the same job.

Of course, your duties will naturally change, the higher you get in rank.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

you cannot retake it as you have a qualifying score. college will not be an option for at least 2 years, and then only one class at a time

the Navy determines whether or not you will be allowed to re enlist and make it a career.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You can't retake the ASVAB if you scored above the minimum entrance score for that service. For example, if the minimum score for the US Navy is 31 and you scored 35, you can't retake the ASVAB until TWO years have elapsed. HOWEVER, you could go to the Air Force who require a 50 and apply to join, you could then retake the ASVAB as your 35 score isn't high enough for the Air Force.

If you still want to go Navy without retaking the test, you will have to choose what is offered to you. Your possible future "career" is only a four year enlistment, so you can probably put up with less than desirable jobs for that time as you will get excellent benefits once you receive an honorable discharge.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

It can't hurt to take it again, you won't get dumber. Your score does not determine your benefits.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.