Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 3 years ago

Can they tack on the $3000 auto loan to the other car loan?

I have an hhr. It doesn’t run, is worth $900, it’s a piece of ****. I owe over $3000 on it. For two years I’ve also been financing my 2016 Chrysler. I still owe 15,000 on it. It’s in great condition, runs great. Is there anyway I can go to the bank and have them sell the hhr and rack on the remainder to to what I owe on the Chrysler? It’s not worth fixing.

No. Not a chance

If you have A+ credit maybe but it would be stupid. You'd be WAY upside down on the vehicle.

Best talk to the bank.

• nt

not likely.

You can put the $3000 on a credit card. The bank wants no part of selling your non running car. That's your problem.

Now, if you had 3000 in equity in the newer car, they could refinance you & give you cash but you don't.

Please, Mr/Ms Bank Manager I have a $900 beater on which I owe $3000. Will you take on this debt for me if I offer the beater as collateral? BTW I also owe $15000 on another car loan.

That is the question you need to ask. Now go and sit in a dark corner and try to work out what answer you are likely to get.

• ?

No sir. No dealer, lender, or anyone, will be willing to suck up what your owe on the POS Chevy. If you found a shyster willing to do so they would have you by the balls. Tracking? You are going to have to eat what you owe on the HRR. If you can sell if for a grand consider yourself lucky.

• Scott

No. This is your problem, not the bank's. You've already negotiated the loan for the Chrysler, they aren't going to change your contract in the middle of the game. You're stuck with an HHR that's worth much less than you owe on it. You really don't have any options here.

if the hhr doesnt have any warranty on it the pay the rest. fix the car and then sell so u can make some of the money back.

No. They will not take your HHR. They only love your loan.

Nope, that is not going to happen.