I didn t sign a contract & the gym is saying they ll send my account to collections if I don t pay. Am I legally obligated to pay?

My parents got me a gym membership for my birthday last year (I wasn t present when they did this). They paid for June & July 2017 and I went heavily during those months. Despite my dad only agreeing to pay for those months they continued charging him. So I went < 5 days in September and October 2017. One... show more My parents got me a gym membership for my birthday last year (I wasn t present when they did this). They paid for June & July 2017 and I went heavily during those months. Despite my dad only agreeing to pay for those months they continued charging him. So I went < 5 days in September and October 2017. One day in October the co-owner approached me and told me I owed $160, and took me into his office. He was quite rude e.g. saying they ve tried multiple times to call me and when they call I need to answer! I asked what number they had down and it wasn t even my number, still no apology. Then he wanted to know what I planned to do about the $160 being owed for Aug, Sept and Oct. He brought up collections and it scared me, so I paid it and left. In April 2018 I got a bank statement and it showed the gym was still taking out money depsite me never authorizing monthly payments to be taken out. So I went to my bank and stopped the payments from coming out. Now in June, they began texting me saying they re going to send what I owe off to collections, and I need to sign a termination of contract. My question is: I never signed anything with this gym so why do I need to sign a termination of contract when I never signed an actual contract? Also, when I brought up that I never signed a contract they stated since the membership card my parents got me has my name printef on it that, that acts as my contract so I do have a contract. Is this true?